Monday 25 November 2013

What's the Story?


This picture makes me smile as it reminds me of a lovely night away, sans kids, visiting one of my best girl friends.

We get together on a fairly regular basis but, as she now lives a couple of hours' drive away, it tends to be about every 4 months. Finding a date we can all do can be hard work as we're all so busy but, whenever we get a date agreed, I so look forward to it!

She is a fabulous host, from making sure we are fed and watered properly down to complimentary toiletries (once, we actually got chocolates on our pillows!). She has a beautiful home, which is fortunately very spacious as there's normally a whole group of us descending on her for the night! Her hubby is more than gracious about having his home taken over by a bunch of cackling, over-excited females, even going so far as moving out to the mother-in-law's with the baby so we had the house to ourselves (or perhaps that sounded a better option than staying?!)

We always have tons of fun with non-stop laughing,  no matter who the mix of the group is (old friends, new friends, work friends or her cousins!), with a night out in her town, either drinks or a meal (and drinks!) and maybe a visit to the local "nightclub" if we've had a few too many (it's an awful place!)


Despite popping out many children over the years, I have always tried to keep up with my friends' nights out and have rarely missed our get togethers. Having a laid back, capable DH helped as I knew I could leave the kids in safe hands, and he never seemed to mind my nights out/away - a happy wife is a happy hubby I guess!


But seriously, us mums need to find time for us, to remember who we are without the kids, and to let our hair down once in a while - I know it keeps me sane! So this photo, which was taken at our last gathering a few weeks ago, is a reminder to myself to celebrate being me, and to say "Cheers!" to the the fabulous friends I am lucky to have in my life!


4 comments:

  1. Hear hear! We don't do nearly enough of it, do we?! #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a night out with good women friends! Reading this makes me miss similar gatherings back in the UK.
    #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post, there is nothing like a night out without the little ones. Sounds like you had a great time too! Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, I had a girly blogger weekend last weekend which was fab, so nice not to be woken up with 'Mummy I need a wee!' #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete