Tuesday 10 June 2014

#BritMumsLive - I'm A Virgin!

I remember my good friend madmumof7 attending this huge event for her first time last year. When I saw her afterwards, she was brimming with enthusiasm, bordering on slightly manic, as she told me of her adventure. She told me it was amazing, everyone was so lovely, she was inspired to do more with her own blog that had only been started a few months earlier, and she'd gained invaluable tips that she was eager to put to use. Her enthusiasm fuelled my interest so much that I decided to start my own blog and, after writing my first post, she advised me to buy my ticket for 2014 early to take advantage of the discount.
Going on her experience, we also booked a hotel for the Friday night so we could attend both days, something she didn't do last year.
After the initial flurry of excitement, the year ticked on and it became just something in the back of my mind that I didn't need to think about until nearer the time.

But, amazingly, that time is here!! Next Friday we'll be waving 'bye to the kids as they trot into school and catching the earliest train possible into London for our two-day whirlwind.

I have been reading other people's posts about their experiences from last year and preparing myself to get the most out of it, as advised by the very useful emails from the BritMums Live team, and some great tips such as what to bring (I have my iphone portable charger ready to go!) from seasoned professionals like the lovely Vic Welton at Very Victoria Vocalises.
I am looking forward to meeting the team and lots of fellow bloggers that I follow. Luckily, thanks to the Cambridge meet ups arranged by the very lovely Michelle from Bod for Tea and introductions to local bloggers who madmumof7 befriended, there will be some faces I will recognise. And of course I won't be on my own as I ride madmumof7's coat tails (read her post of her experience here), but I'm imagining I will still be overwhelmed by the sheer number of bloggers at the event as I attempt to remember actual names and blog names!

As a relatively new blogger, I have no business cards or clothing with my blogger name on it, but here's a picture of me so if you do spot me looking dazed and confused, come and say hi - I'm told I'm quite friendly!

Laidbackmumof4

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll have a great time! Attending a conference is a great way to gear up if you are serious about blogging :)

    ReplyDelete