Monday 9 June 2014

#Magic Moments


This was my #magicmoment last weekend when I took this photo of all my boys and DH having a go at crabbing at Waterside caravan park near Maldon (DD was selecting a different spot).
It's magic to me because, for once, my eldest is joining in (he's wearing the hoodie with the green arms). He's 14, nearly as tall as his dad (6 foot), and is normally only found glued to his iphone or to the Xbox. Any suggestion of playing outside for a bit with his siblings results in a shrug and a grunt, then returning to his device. When I lay down the law and tell him to do something else for a change, he disappears to his room to work on a new project (he has made up board games, rules for games similar to his Xbox games and even constructed toy guns from polystyrene sheets and a glue gun - he can be quite inventive!)
He often chooses to play on the Xbox in the playroom whilst the rest of the family settle down with a movie - his argument is that it is still screen watching, and has a valid point.
Don't get me wrong, he's still the thoughtful, caring, sensible boy he has always been, but sometimes gets caught up in a teenage fog and I miss his presence.

So, at at a time in his life when he usually snubs family life for solitude, I was glad to see that my little boy is still in there and showed real enjoyment with this simple activity.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment